Saturday 24 July 2010

Holika!!

So I recently had chance to try this new cosmetic brand in Korea. Holika Holika has launched its first store on last April, and has been expanding its stores all around Korea. I only have been to the one at Myundong, (immediately walked into the store since the exterior and interior of the store was so pretty!!!!) and it seems like they are pretty reasonable place to shop for skin cares and cosmetics. 

Here are some of my reviews of their items- for those of you who are looking for fresh face products-



HD Skinny Primer Base 
This primer is probably one of the best primer I have ever used. It covers every single pores on my face really effectively- my skin feels like a silk and it absorbs the powder super evenly. My face looks very silky and simply, flawless. (by no kidding)

Peach Girl BB Cream
Korea is super famous for its magic cosmetic- BB Cream. And YES, I am one of the girls who LOVES it so much. It's one of the miracle that happened in the cosmetic history. If any of you have never tried BB Cream, and has some skin parts to hide on your face, I will strongly recommend to try BB Cream. There are tons of different brands that sell BBCream, and most of them are pretty good. However, you have to be really careful with how much greasy they can get. I personally really like this Peach Girl BB cream since it is super smooth and feels really light after applying it. You don't even need to put powder after this. It already does the brightening and covering job all by itself.


Fairy Bakery Cookie Chip Blush
I am huge fan of MAC for their wonderful Blush collections-but Holika Holika actually has as-good items and this specific blush totally stole my heart. I LOVE how natural it looks on my face! The color is soft indie pink and I personally think this would match with any type of skin color.

Wonder Drawing
Talk about cool stuff- this is real cool little thing. I always had complaints about eyeliners not being able to fill in the space between the space of each eyelashes- it always looked pretty empty and that part is real pain in my ass to fill in with the brush. I was so excited to find this new type of eye liner-which is specifically made to fill in those areas of the eyes. I only have used it for few times, but it works pretty awesome. 

Starlight
I have been using all different brands' lip sticks and lip glosses- and Holika Holika's lipstick is really wonderful in its color and applies on the lips really well. I got super light pink color lipstic and it makes me look like a gyaru in the middle of Tokyo lol. I love how smooth it is and color is just so pretty. The brand has few different collections of lip cosmetics-but i personally think this Starlight collection is the prettiest.

So these are all the items that I have experienced with Holika Holika. I haven't used their Skin Care just yet. I heard it's really good-but I am super careful about the skin care since my skin is really sensitive and am afraid if they will make my skin to break out. I am brave enough to try different cosmetics (like primer, BBCream and so on) However, Skin Care-it's a different story. I will try them after reading more reviews of others. Overall, the brand seems pretty reasonable and I love their mission statement and those all about 'magic' and 'miracle' concept of the store. If you have chance to see their store, check them out!

www.holikaholika.co.kr

No comments:

Post a Comment