Friday 9 July 2010

Hello Kitty Cafe diary


I went out for little picnic on other day, and got to visit this amazing Hello Kitty Cafe. I have heard about the place so many times from my friends so it was exciting to find there on our no-destination walking within Hongdae.

Look at this pretty interior!! There were so many girls inside of the cafe. Also, many guys who seemed really uncomfortable but trying-to please their girl friends.

 
The cafe had some goodies and the best of the dessert was- waffles! They had super tasty waffles which came along with the best ice cream. It was one of the best dessert I have ever had for a long time. (which was sweet enough to satisfy my made-with-sugar tongue)
It wasn't expensive at all either. I was pretty surprised about the price-since most of other fancy cafes in Hongdae are pretty pricy. However when it comes to the drink- this cafe wasn't the greatest. (maybe thats why?) Oh and their little gift corner at the front- they sells all different kinds of Hello Kitty stuff.. I was having hard time not to purchase anything. Since I already have too much of them in my house-from when I was elementary school. Hello Kitty sure is addictive. It lasted almost 15 years for me to finally handle my obsession towards it!!!

 
I could not take a good picture within the cafe since it was super crowded- I was desperately wanting to take a photo of those chairs which are hello-kitty shape. It is so cute but those ppl never stood up while I was there.  Obviously, everyone was celebrating their special day finding a seat in famous Hello Kitty Cafe. (Lot of people had to leave since there was no seat...I was lucky enough!)

This drink, is called Ice Choco. (Too simple and it tastes like it too.) At least it looks cute in the beginning. Hello! Kitty! 

My friend wearing pretty vintage dress from the vintage sale in Chicago. We were studying FLASH for creating new website. (which is our goal for this summer). Do you see that fan she is holding? Everyone get it for free if you order a drink. Perfect gift in this weather.
Don't you love the color of that sofa? It was pink-overloaded within the cafe. Yes, it was total heaven for me.

This is another adorable animal I explored on our way out. Great work!! This is what I love about the place- you always explore new paintings on the wall- and very often, they look lovely.



After walking around shopping, we went to the night show- at Bbang Club. They feature many indie bands and this is another must-go place at Hongdae. Night Show is pretty big thing around here and this was my first time going to one- I was full of excitement and the show was- pretty good. However, I should say that a lot of bands-their style was very limited. If I could, I would suggest to be little more experimental for all of them. Every bands were singing their self-composed songs but to be honest- they sounded all the same to me. Thou the interior of the club was really cozy and classy.

This is it for today. On our shopping walk, I explored this amazing vintage store so I will have to show some goodies I got from them. I know I haven't posted any of my shopping stories but it's coming soon! Have a great weekend gals!

No comments:

Post a Comment