Thursday 28 January 2010

Show Windows




 I love interesting visual displays of different stores. It's so much fun to see what will be on the display since many stores around the world seek to attract the viewers by visual display- where fashion finally meets art. According to personal interest in study of visual display, I always go around different places and document the show windows. Or, I also go on websites to see those views from different countries, where I cannot visit at the moment. Among every city around the world, my favorite realm of show windows comes from Omotesando, Aoyama- Japan.





Back in my country, I used to really love Louis Vuitton show windows since they often have pretty brilliant ideas- and my interest in their visual design began when few artists really stepped up in this industry- specifically, Murakami Takashi and Olafur Eliasson. Those two artists are on my top 20 favorite artists and as I see how their works are absorbed into prestigious brand such as Louis Vuitton, I just can't help but become super interested in those as well.




 

Super adorable Murakami Takashi's visual display for Louis Vuitton.
Isn't it incredible? 

 
 Classic Ralph Lauren show window. It looks so "Ralph Lauren" hmm? Show window is quite challenging since it has to reflect the brand's concept (plus the season's concept) and has to look good, intriguing, and attractive. According to that, Louis Vuitton's huge attempt to use Olafur and Takashi Murakami's work in their visual display must've been a challenge for them. To be honest, Murakami's visual display sounded like a joke to me at first. You will know what I am talking about when you see his paintings. Who thought Louis Vuitton will use Takashi's work for their display! It's just brilliant.



Show windows become so much fancier than ever before and here is one of my favorite-
Apple Store 
*Iphone's price went down to about $98...I guess time solves everything for those ppl who wants something that they cannot get in the price when the products first come out. Just Wait, You will get it..ya know?









1 comment: